What is GoHighlevel/Highlevel?
GoHighlevel, or just Highlevel as its users call it, is an all-in-one sales and marketing platform for marketing agencies and small businesses. The GoHighlevel platform offers every tool needed to run a business successfully at a fixed monthly cost. The GoHighlevel platform allows you to Whitelabel their software so agencies can use this platform and brand it like it was their own. This allows agencies to create a Software as a Service (SaaS) business and an additional monthly recurring revenue stream.
Typically, agencies would perform a job for their client, like building a website or running Facebook ads, only to have the job end or the client cancel their service. Now, agencies have to continue to market to find another client. Now, with Gohighlevel, you can migrate your clients off whatever CRM, email marketing tool, phone system, or funnel software they may be using and run their business entirely off the GoHighlevel platform. The best thing about this is that your clients pay you monthly for these services. You can charge $297, $497, or whatever you want to charge for these services, and your client continues to pay for these each month like a utility, creating a stable recurring monthly revenue.
GoHighlevel sets no limits for its users on any paid plan so that you can have unlimited contacts, websites, funnels, email or text templates, and workflows. There are also no limits for storage, so you can host as many videos, files, documents, or images as you or your clients may have.
For a complete list of features for this platform, you can look at my article GoHighlevel Review.
If you are interested in how GoHighlevel structures its pricing, review my article GoHighlevel Pricing Plans.
What are Communities?
Communities are individuals who come together virtually to share common interests, goals, or activities. These communities can vary widely in size, purpose, structure, and platform. They play a significant role in fostering collaboration, knowledge sharing, networking, and exchanging ideas. Here are some critical aspects of online communities for collaboration:
1. Shared Interests: Online communities are often built around a shared interest, passion, or topic. This can range from professional interests such as software development or entrepreneurship to hobbies like photography or gaming.
2. Collaboration and Knowledge Sharing: Members of online communities collaborate by sharing their expertise, insights, and experiences. This can include discussing challenges, providing solutions, offering advice, and exchanging resources. It’s a platform for mutual learning and growth.
3. Networking: Communities provide a platform for individuals to connect with others who share similar interests. This networking can lead to valuable professional connections, partnerships, and collaborations.
4. Platform Diversity: Online communities can be found on various platforms, including social media, discussion forums, messaging apps, and specialized platforms designed for community interaction (e.g., Slack, Discord, Reddit, and Stack Overflow).
5. Community Guidelines and Rules: Many online communities have established guidelines or rules to maintain a positive and respectful environment. These rules help prevent toxic behavior, spam, and other disruptive activities.
6. Moderation: Larger communities often have moderators who oversee interactions and enforce community guidelines. They ensure that discussions remain productive and respectful.
7. Contribution and Participation: Communities thrive when members actively contribute and participate. This can involve asking questions, sharing experiences, providing answers, and engaging in discussions.
8. Support and Troubleshooting: Online communities can be valuable resources for individuals seeking help with specific issues or challenges. Members can receive support from peers who have faced similar problems.
9. Niche and Expert Communities: Some communities are highly specialized and cater to experts in a particular field. These communities allow for in-depth discussions and knowledge exchange among professionals.
10. Virtual Events and Activities: Many online communities organize virtual events such as webinars, workshops, and conferences. These events offer opportunities for members to learn, interact, and collaborate in real time.
11. Global Reach: Online communities transcend geographical boundaries, allowing individuals worldwide to connect and collaborate, leading to diverse perspectives and ideas.
12. Sense of Belonging: Being part of an online community can give individuals a sense of belonging and identity as they connect with like-minded people who understand their interests and passions.
Overall, online communities are powerful platforms facilitating collaboration, knowledge sharing, and networking among individuals who share common interests or goals.
The GoHighlevel platform was created for agencies to service their clients. At first, the platform had tools that agencies could use to help service their client’s needs, but now, with this new community feature, agencies can bring collaboration with their clients and customers to a new level. Instead of using a third-party community platform now, agencies can create a place within the platform to host communications about various topics.
As you will see later in this article, the Community feature allows you to have different groups. Then channels are created within that group, much like Slack and Discord do, to easily segment the topics of discussion, allowing clients to find the exact topic they want to discuss. Let’s jump into getting your community set up.
How to set up a Community in GoHighlevel?
To set up the Community feature, select the Membership menu option and select the Membership tab.
There are two menu options for Communities: Group and Settings. To access the communities, you must use the GoHighlevel client portal. The Settings option will link you to the same settings area for the client portal, where you set up the custom URL connected to the client portal. The Group menu option lets you set up the places your clients can access in the Communities area.
To get started with setting up your Group, you will need to access the Group menu and then choose to Create Group. Here are the configuration options you have.
You will create the Name that will be displayed for the Group in the Communities Area.
You will need to provide a unique URL for the group. This URL will be appended to the client portal URL already set up.
This description of what the group is used for will be displayed on the Group’s community page.
This color is used on the Group’s page and can be changed for each Group, allowing variety.
You can set the Fav Icon displayed when the Group’s page is accessed.
Like Youtube or Facebook has a cover photo, you can have a cover photo for the Group.
If you have a specific logo to brand this group, you can include it here.
Using the Community feature in GoHighlevel
You must go through the client portal to access the Community memberships area. For this article, we will be using the client portal at https://portal.digiglobalagency.com/login. Here is an example of what the client portal may look like. It is set up as a user friendly website and intuitive to use.
You must create an account for new users or sign in with your existing one. Once you are logged in, you will need to access the Community area. While on the homepage, click on the nine dots in the top right corner and select Communities.
On the community screen, the homepage has several areas to pay attention to.
To change the groups you are in, you use the dropdown list in the top left corner.
You can create channels within the Group so communications can be segmented. If you own the Group, you can create channels using the add channel link at the bottom of the area of the channel.
Your Groups information is located on the right side of the screen.
A couple of tabs across the top allow you to switch between the discussion area, Learning, which still needs to be functional, and the People tab, which shows you all the members in the group.
In the top right corner, you get icons for Settings, App Switcher, and your Profile access in the group.
The main discussion area is in the middle of the homepage, allowing each member to make a new post in the channel and other members to reply to the comments.
As you can see, all community components are present, and you can arrange or set up these components to match your business process.
GoHighlevel Communities Conclusion
This new Community feature is included with the GoHighlevel platform for the exact monthly cost. There are no additional fees. Currently, there are no limits to the number of Groups you can create or members you can have in your Communities. This feature will expand and be one of the core components of the GoHighlevel platform.